Sunday, November 8, 2009

Colorado days

The past four days have been incredibly beautiful, with temps in the 70s and sunshine streaming in our windows. Three days ago I kayaked with my dear friend B -- it had been over a month since we'd been out together, and was a lovely time. The next day I went out with my sister -- so nice to have all the time in the world to drift around in the sunshine and chat. We didn't get a whole lot of exercise but sure had a great time. Then yesterday I actually took the scull out! The water was like glass, but pretty cold so I did not want to fall in! I pretty much hugged the shore, in case I'd forgotten everything I'd ever learned and flipped the crazy thing, but I did fine. It is always so hard for me to make the decision as to when to get off that boat -- usually my fanny is sore from sitting on that hard seat, so of course I have put "shell seat cushion" on my Christmas list this year! But I always know that this may be the last time on that boat for many months, and every time I put it back on my car and back into the garage, it is with regret! The most beautiful sight yesterday was a large vee of pelicans, still quite low to the water but over our heads, flying silently south. The swish of the air under their wings is a lovely sound.

I have started a competitive weight loss program, and am pretty psyched. Weight loss, dieting, watching what I eat -- ugh! But now that it is Littleton's Biggest Loser, I'm right there! I don't remember having such a competitive spirit when I was a kid, but boy it sure is there now! Off to play some tennis and to kick butt!

1 comment: