Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Longest Row

Here's the bicycle mirror, purchased at Target for $5.99, mounted on my oarlock. My husband bought a pvc endcap, drilled a hole in it, and used the bolt that is already on the oarlock. Then the velcro strap just wraps around it, and the mirror is fully adjustable. Voila!

I rowed the entire perimeter of the lake today, approximately 10 kms. I have never done such a long distance. Mostly on the paddle (slow but rhythmic pace), it took me about an hour and 40 minutes. There were almost no other boats on the water, which was like glass. A rogue jet-ski showed up but I wouldn't let it chase me off. The hardest part was reaching the point of no return, just at half-way, when I knew I was committed. My fanny got pretty sore -- guess I'll need to invest in a pad for the seat if I continue to row for long amounts of time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment