Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ouch!

Tennis this morning with my Senior Breakfast League was really fun; all my shots stayed in and even some of my serves worked! But then, I had some time to kill before picking up a friend so I decided to take a shower at the tennis club. On my way into the shower my left foot hit a tiled step to the hot tub and I went tumbling down. Now the toes on my left foot are all swollen, my back hurts and I have a couple nasty bruises.
But as my friend who does waaaay more athletic things than I do says, at least I know my bones are ok cuz I didn't break a hip!
We'll see how the rowing goes tomorrow -- thankfully I don't need the toes, but the back might get a real workout. I will be driving up I25 for the first time with the Wintech on the roof. My local lake is only 5 miles away, but Union Reservoir in Longmont CO is about 25 miles north up a very busy and fast interstate. The friend I'll be rowing with bought my Alden 16 from me a few weeks ago -- so happy my darling little recreational scull went to a good home! She lives north of the reservoir, so it's a good meeting place for us.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, that sounds horrible! Is your foot still swollen? :(

    Wow, I guess I need to check your blog more often! It sounds like you've been rowing a lot lately; good for you!

    ReplyDelete